CVD SiC Machining
Superior Properties for the Most Demanding Applications
PremaTech is a leader in Chemical Vapor Deposition Silicon Carbide (CVD SiC) solutions. This material’s outstanding performance is ideal for environments that need to resist chemical erosion, extreme temperatures and thermal shock.
To ensure that your CVD SiC is of the highest quality, we source material manufactured using the most modern technology to prevent contamination and maximize yield. The result is a solid material that is 99.9995% pure and theoretically dense, containing no voids or micro-cracks.
Key features of CVD SiC:
- Outstanding Resistance to Wear, Corrosion & Thermal Shock
- Low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE)
- Dimensional Stability
- Exceptional Flatness
- Excellent Stiffness-to-Weight Ratio (lightweight similar to Al & Be)
- Diamond-Like Hardness
- Mirror-Like Surface Finishes
The CVD SiC we supply for 100, 150, 200 and 300mm semiconductor applications offers:
- Outstanding Performance in Chemical & Plasma Environments & at High Temperatures (up to 1700°C)
- Low Cost of Ownership
- Improved Productivity (Higher Yields from Faster Throughputs & Cycle Times)
- Excellent Resistance to Wear, Abrasion, Corrosion, Oxidation & Erosion
High & Low Resistivity Grades
To maximize performance of our CVD SiC for your specific application, we fabricate two grades of components in a wide range of shapes and sizes. The grades we offer are:
- Low Resistivity (<1 Ω cm)
- High Resistivity (>500 Ω cm)
For details on the properties of our CVD SiC, see this data sheet.
Ultra-high purity, high temperature CVD SiC is ideal for:
- RTP & EPI Rings
- Cover Plates
- Wafer Carriers
- Plasma Etch Chamber Components
- Gas Diffusion Plates (GDPs)
- Focus Rings
Controlled lower and high resistivity grades are ideal for wafer handling and chamber components in plasma etch and MOCVD equipment.
The CVD SiC we supply for 100, 150, 200 and 300mm semiconductor processing applications offer:
- Controlled Resistivity
- Higher Purity
- Longer Life
- Lower Particle Generation
- Better Temperature Uniformity
When it comes to plasma etch chamber equipment, CVD SiC chemistry results in longer component life. Likewise, for thermal process applications, CVD SIC’s low mass, and thermally stable cross sections yielding excellent temperature uniformity across the wafer during processing. Let us put our expertise to work for you.