Capabilities - CVD SiC Manufacturing
Superior Properties for the Most Demanding Applications
PremaTech is a leading manufacturer of Chemical Vapor Deposition Silicon Carbide (CVD SiC). This material's outstanding performance is ideal for environments that need to resist chemical erosion, extreme temperatures and thermal shock.
To ensure that your CVD SiC is of the highest quality, we use the most modern manufacturing technology that prevents contamination and maximizes yield. Our process results in a solid material that is 99.9995% pure, theoretically dense and contains no voids or micro-cracks.
Additionally, our material's crystal structure produces a homogenous material that is consistent within single production runs, as well as from one batch to another.
Key features of PremaTech CVD SiC fine-grained, theoretically dense microstructures include:
- Outstanding Resistance to Wear, Corrosion & Thermal Shock
- Low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE)
- Dimensional Stability
- Exceptional Flatness
- Excellent Stiffness-to-Weight Ratio (lightweight similar to Al & Be)
- Diamond-Like Hardness
- Mirror-Like Surface Finishes
The CVD SiC we supply for 100, 150, 200 and 300mm semiconductor applications offers:
- Outstanding Performance in Chemical & Plasma Environments & at High Temperatures (up to 1700°C)
- Low Cost of Ownership
- Improved Productivity (Higher Yields from Faster Throughputs & Cycle Times)
- Excellent Resistance to Wear, Abrasion, Corrosion, Oxidation & Erosion
High & Low Resistivity Grades
To maximize performance of our CVD SiC for your specific application, we fabricate three grades of components in a wide range of shapes and sizes. The grades we offer are:
- Low Resistivity (<1 Ω cm)
- High Resistivity (>500 Ω cm)
For details on the properties of our CVD SiC, see this data sheet.
Our ultra-high purity, high temperature CVD SiC is ideal for:
- RTP & EPI Rings
- Cover Plates
- Wafer Carriers
- Plasma Etch Chamber Components
- Gas Diffusion Plates (GDPs)
- Focus Rings
Our controlled lower and high resistivity grades are ideal for wafer handling and chamber components in plasma etch and MOCVD equipment.
The CVD SiC we supply for 100, 150, 200 and 300mm semiconductor processing applications offer:
- Controlled Resistivity
- Higher Purity
- Longer Life
- Lower Particle Generation
- Better Temperature Uniformity
When it comes to plasma etch chamber equipment, CVD SiC chemistry results in longer component life. Likewise, for thermal process applications, CVD SiC's low mass, and very thin and thermally stable cross sections, yield excellent temperature uniformity across the wafer during processing.